The Computer Science and Information Systems fields are vibrant, exciting fields that are constantly growing and evolving. These are two sold fields that combine with any other subject, there are also many stimulating graduate school opportunities in Computer Science and Information Systems.
The IST program balances a traditional computer science and information systems curriculum with practical experiences both in and outside of the classroom. All students are able to assess their growth through the maintenance of an online portfolio consisting of their work and experiences.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Information Science, and technology concepts and processes - their relationship to one another and to the existing and emerging technologies.
- Gain the confidence and skills to:
- Independently learn and apply technologies and processes
- Solve an unknown problem and efficiently research, learn, and apply an unknown topic of skill to novel problem-solving situations
- Effectively communicate their thoughts and ideas, with peers and future colleagues.
Past Doane students have combined their IST Major or Minor with focuses in:
- Mathematics and Data Analysis
- Business Administration
- Graphic Design
- Media Communication
Information Science and Technology Faculty
Alec Engebretson - Professor
Mark Meysenburg - Professor