Final course transferability is determined by the Registrar. As catalogs, curriculum and courses change each year so might course equivalencies and articulations.
General Transfer Guidelines
- Only grades C- or higher are brought in for transfer credit.
- Doane accepts a maximum of 90 semester hours in transfer credit.
- If a student has completed an associate degree, diploma, or professional certificate at a two-year college, a maximum of 60 semester credits are accepted in transfer.
- If a student did not complete a professional competency (noted above) course are evaluated individually. In this evaluation a maximum of six semester credits are accepted in transfer for courses not normally offered at a four-year accredited college or university.
- Transfer credits are posted without a grade. Credits are not included in the Doane University grade point average calculations, but do count toward the total credits required for graduation.
- Doane awards credits in semester hours. Quarter credits are converted to semester credits at a 2/3 rate. Example a 4.5Q = 3S or 6Q = 4S
- Doane requires that the previous institution(s) be accredited by one of the regional accrediting associations: North Central, New England, Middle States, Northwest, Southern, or Western. Credit from unaccredited institutions is not accepted. However, in some instances, credit from special purpose institutions (e.g. Bible Colleges accredited by the American Association of Bible Colleges) is accepted.