FAQ Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I get a transcript?
- How can I get an unofficial transcript? Unofficial transcripts are available for current students on Self-Service.
- How soon are official transcripts mailed out? Official transcripts are mailed out 2-3 days after the request is received.
- Does a transcript cost anything? $5.25-$7.00
- What is my GPA? GPA information is available for current students on Self-Service under Grades or Unofficial Transcript. GPA information is also available on the Official Transcript. For information on how GPA's are calculated click here.
- When will my transfer credit be evaluated and posted? Transfer credits are evaluated at time of admission. Transfer credit is posted for Crete students once students are pre-registered. Doane Lincoln students transfer credit is posted once their first term is complete.
- When are grades posted? This information is posted on the Academic Calendar.
- How do I get my grades? Grades are posted on Self-Service. Grade reports are not mailed.
- How do I submit a copy of my grades to my employer for reimbursement? Most employers accept the Self-Service print out of grades. Doane, like many other area institutions, don't print paper grade mailers anymore so employers are used to the online grade print out.
- How do I update my address or name? Visit the Self-Service page to update your information.
- How do I log into Self-Service? Click on Self-Service and use your Doane credentials to login.
- When is the last day to drop? This information is posted on the Academic Calendar.
- When is registration? This information is posted on the Academic Calendar.
- What is FERPA? FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) is a federal law designed to protect you. It outlines who Doane can share your information with, and what rights you have as a student to your academic records.
BA - Bachelor of Arts
BO - Business Office
BS - Bachelor of Science
BU - Butler Gymnasium, Crete
CM - Communications Center, Crete
COA - Cost of Attendance
CON - Whitcome Lee Conservatory, Crete
COU- Master of Arts in Counseling Building, Lincoln
DA - Degree Audit/Program Evaluation
EA - Chab Weyers Education and Hixson Lied Art Building, Crete
EFC - Estimated Family Contribution
FA - Financial Aid
FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
FBC - Fred D. Brown Center, Lincoln
FERPA - Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
FH- Fuhrer Field House, Crete
GA - Gaylord Hall, Crete
GPA - Grade Point Average
GR - Graduate
HDX - George & Sally Haddix Recreation and Athletic Center, Crete
IP - In-Progress
LI - Lied Science and Mathematics Building, Crete
L5K - 5000 Building, Lincoln
MA - Master of Arts
MAC - Master of Arts in Counseling
MIL - Master of Arts in Leadership
MED - Master of Education
PC - Perry Campus Center, Crete
PJ - Professional Judgment
SAP - Satisfactory Academic Progress
TBA - To Be Announced
UG - Undergraduate