Doane University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), an institutional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
The Higher Learning Commission
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604
Doane is also accredited by the Nebraska Coordinating Commission of Post-Secondary Education.
Our HLC accreditation seal can be viewed on our main website.
Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education
140 N. 8th Street, Suite 300 PO Box 95005
Lincoln, NE 68509-5005
Doane University is also a partner in the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement, an agreement process that supports interstate postsecondary distance education. This makes it easier for students to take online courses from institutions in another state that also participate in SARA.
National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements
3005 Center Green Drive, Suite 130
Boulder, CO, 80301
National Center of Education Statistics
The National Center for Education Statistics falls under the Institute of Education Sciences, the statistics, research and evaluation branch of the Board of Education. The NCES collects, collates, analyzes, and reports on the condition of American education, as well as reviews and reports international educational activities.
- The Teacher Preparation Programs are approved and accredited by, the Nebraska Department of Education
- The Nursing Program is accredited by, the Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education
- The Music Department is accredited by, the National Association of Schools of Music
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- College Entrance Examination Board
- Council for the Advancement and Support of Education
- Council of Independent Colleges
- National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics
- Great Plains Athletic Conference
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Nebraska
- Nebraska Association of Colleges and Universities
- Nebraska Independent College Foundation