As part of the Office of Strategic Marketing, University Communications is a department that manages all external news from Doane University and all media relations and public relations efforts. Univeristy Communications serves as the liaison to local, regional, national, and international media when inquiring about Doane University. University Communications serves all four campuses to inform internal and external audiences of the latest happenings at Doane University.
Our office is responsible for:
- Creating and distributing press releases and media advisories.
- Assisting journalists looking to connect with faculty and administration.
- Facilitating media coverage of Doane, including visits to campus.
- Providing media training and assistance to faculty and university administration when engaging with the media.
- Facilitating media interviews through our audio and video broadcast studios.
- Managing all external news communications from the university.
- Managing a bi-weekly university-wide and alumni newsletter.
- Managing the production of Doane Magazine, print and online.
- Assisting the President, Chief of Staff, Provost, and Deans with key internal communication.
Contact University Communications
Dan Kohler, Chief Marketing Officer