Student Development Officer Job Description
Deadline to apply: Sept. 25, 2020
Thank you for your interest. We are no longer accepting applications at this time. Please watch your email for openings at later date.
Student Development Officers are vital to the success of fundraising at Doane and to maintaining strong relationships with alumni and parents. Students are the best ambassadors to talk about the Doane experience - because they’re living it!
This position requires strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, the ability to think strategically in a fast-paced environment, and a genuine affinity for Doane University. Working on the Phonathon team is an excellent opportunity to develop your knowledge and expertise in communication, fundraising, and public relations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Serve as an ambassador by establishing an open line of communication between the University and its supporters.
- Gain a greater understanding of the University, its organizational structure, and its annual needs for financial support.
- Call constituents (alumni, parents, and friends of Doane) to build personal rapport, update demographic information, and acquire gifts to the Annual Fund.
- Work with other student callers in a team-oriented environment to achieve institutional goals.
- Commit to a minimum of 4 hours (2 shifts) per week (opportunity for more shifts is available).
- Handle personal information with extreme confidentiality.
- Have a great time and make new friends!
- Competitive wages: Phonathon callers make minimum wage ($9/hour).
- Build your resume: Develop strong fundraising, communication, and marketing skills.
- Network: Converse with alumni in various professions throughout the country.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEADLINE: FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 25, 2020