Welcome to the Office of Residential Life and Education off-campus page. If you have any questions please email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 402-826-8111.
Here you will find all the information you need about living off-campus:
- Application and Appeals process
- Residency Policy
- Resources available in Crete and Lincoln
Off-campus applications are only available online through our eRezLife system. Before applying for off-campus housing, please review our residency policy information to find out which exemption would be the best for you. If you have any questions about the application process or the off-campus exceptions, please contact us at email@example.com
Students may request reconsideration of an exemption decision by the deadline as outlined in the emailed notification of the decision. All requests must be submitted in writing to the Director of Residential Life and Education. Any appeals decisions made by the Director of Residential Life and Education will be considered final.
Doane University Off-Campus Living Exceptions:
- Students who have successfully completed 90 credits or earned an Associate's Degree by the end of spring semester are welcome to apply for this off campus exemption. Credits are verified with the Registrar's Office.
Child and Marriage
- Students with a dependent child or students who are married are eligible to apply for this exemption. Proof of dependency and/or a marriage certificate should be provided with their application.
- Students who are commuting from the home of their legal guardian within forty (40) miles of Doane University's Crete campus are eligible to apply for this exemption. Students applying under this exemption must provide the following documents with their application.
- A Notarized Commuting Form signed by their legal guardian and a Notary.
- A copy of the student's valid Driver's License or State ID for proof of address.
Students with true extenuating circumstances may apply under this exemption. These requests are reviewed on a case by case basis. Medical or mental health requests will be reviewed, however, the student will need to submit approval from Doane's ADA office noting that the student meets the need for off campus accommodations. Additional documentation may be requested to ensure an all-encompassing review.
Financial need is not a basis for off campus eligibility.
Independent Living Experience
Students who have 6 or more months of independent living experience are eligible to apply for this exemption. The student will need to supply documentation that proves independent living experience such as a lease or utility bills under the student's name.
Students who are involved in the military at the time of application completion are eligible to apply for this exemption. Under this exemption, the student is only approved for off campus housing while they are involved in the military.
- Student Teachers who are assigned a placement outside of Crete are welcome to apply under this exemption. Under this exemption, the student is only approved for off campus housing while they are student teaching.
- Students who are studying abroad during the fall semester are eligible to apply for this exemption. Under this exemption, the student is only approved for off campus housing while they are studying abroad. Proof of study abroad status will be verified with the Office of International Programs.