Doane Village & Doane Duplexes
a 10-unit independent living housing complex first occupied in 1986, is available to alumni and friends of Doane who are 55 years of age or older. Doane Duplexes are nearby with the same independent living, but are two duplex units.
Both units are located on a paved street adjacent to the Crete country club and offer a spacious view of the wooded areas of Doane University.
There may be both one- and two-bedroom units available which include:
- living room
- laundry room
- high-speed Internet connection
- attached garage
Each resident of the village also has use of the nicely decorated common area, which consists of:
- living room
- large dining area with kitchenette
Unique amenities that Doane offers are:
- free access for residents to all activities such as plays, recitals, athletic events
- use of the college library
- use of the Haddix recreation center
- participation in academic class work, tuition free (dependent upon available space)
- access to the Doane University Service Center, available to answer computer related questions
- Doane facilities staff provide care and maintenance of the property
All units are non smoking with no pets allowed.
Fees and Costs
An additional monthly maintenance fee is collected by the University to cover common area charges and taxes.
Residents are responsible for their own taxes, telephone, and electric bills.
One and two bedroom units may be available.
Units are offered for sale by Doane University for the life-use of the resident buyer, which also serves as the property manager.
Residents, or their estates, retain 70% of the resale value upon vacating the property subject to stipulations of the agreement executed with the college.
For further information on fees and maintenance please click, here.
For more information please contact:
1014 Boswell Ave.
Crete, NE 68333