Fall Festival of Winds 2021 Student Information & Application
Check back later for the 2021 Fall Festival of Winds schedule.
THE 2021 FALL FESTIVAL OF WINDS
The Doane University Fall Festival of Winds is a one-day honor band event featuring two ensembles. The Honor Band is an auditioned ensemble that requires you to upload an audio audition. There will be no video auditions this year. The Festival Band will be selected by nomination.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PARTCIPATE, FILL OUT THE FFW STUDENT APPLICATION FORM. Every participating student must fill out this form as it serves as the central student information document for the Festival.
- The Fall Festival of Winds will be held on Saturday, November 6, 2021, on the Crete Campus of Doane University.
- All participating students must be in 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grades.
- All participants much be a member, in good standing, of their high school band.
- All students wishing to participate must apply by Monday, September 27.
- All students must fill out the application, including students auditioning for the Honor Band.
- Honor Band auditions can be uploaded from Wednesday, September 15 through Monday, October 4. More information can be found on the Honor Band audition page.
FEES AND EXPENSES
Total cost for each student participant is $15. This covers auditions, lunch, honoraria, duplicating, and mailing costs. We thank you for your interest and willingness to participate in this wonderful concert band festival.
HONOR BAND AND FESTIVAL BAND NOMINATION PROCEDURES
All students wishing to participate in any band in the FFW should fill out the Student Application Form.
ALL STUDENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING
Filling out the Doane University FFW Student Application Form by Monday, September 27, 2021.
HONOR BAND AUDITION PROCEDURES
Students are responsible for the following four aspects of the Honor Band procedure:
- Filling out the Student Application Form.
- Preparing an audition for the Honor Band. Information and audition materials can be found on the Honor Band Audition page.
- Completing the Honor Band application and uploading audio to https://audition.zone/doaneffw. Students may upload their Fall Festival of Winds Honor Band auditions to the audition zone web page from September 15 through October 4.
- Practicing Honor Band music that will be shared with your teacher.
- By auditioning, you are committing to the Fall Festival of Winds on November 6, 2021.
Further information about the Honor Band is available on the Honor Band Audition page.
For questions regarding the application process or audition guidelines, please contact Festival Director Jay Gilbert at email@example.com
Jay Gilbert reserves the right to place a few high-quality players into the Honor Band who have expressed a strong interest in attending Doane and have applied and been accepted to the College. In sections where there are not enough students trying out, Jay Gilbert may invite additional students who have not applied from participating schools to fill out the section.